Saturday, August 23, 2014

Some unusual Vivaldi on a Sunday

This past week, my wonderful mother-in-law sent me a link to Beethoven's 5th Symphony as rendered by a group called Carmel-A-Cappella (a fun name, don't you think? I like saying it with the emphasis misplaced, CarMELa CapPELLa, though I'm sure that's incorrect.) I was amazed by the video Mom sent, and thought I might share it via these moodlings... but then I did a little snooping around and found out a bit about Carmel-A-Cappella...

They're from Haifa, Israel, and they sing all sorts of a cappella music -- everything from Mozart to the Muppet's Theme. Here's a different video for Mom to enjoy -- a unique version of Vivaldi's Spring from the Four Seasons, which I find even more amazing because of the variety of vocalizations these women come up with. I can hear the birdsong the composer was trying to emulate even more clearly in these voices than in the strings on classical recordings, can't you? I suspect Antonio Lucio Vivaldi would be delighted! Enjoy!

No comments: